Pubcast 345 - It’s Not All Green For The Irish!
Feb 28th, 2020 by britandyankee
Brother Chimp Brewing is in the House! Steve Newman, owner/brewer of Brother Chimp suggested to The Brit that he bring in two of his beers which will be on tap when they open in a few weeks, and joining him in the pub was his taproom manager, Jessica Voigt. Never one to turn down donations, The Brit agreed and invited a couple of other chums to join the panel for this recording, so Chuck Fort from Church Street brought his offering. Also on hand was the original 'Yankee', Mike 'Lingo' Lingafelter and beer-nerd Tom Ryan.
Steve is currently contract brewing out of Logan Square's Pilot Project, so is able to self-distribute out to selected locations to get his beer out there, and two of these are his Irish Red and dry Irish Stout. He brought in samples of these for our review and we also found a couple more locally produced Reds, and then put Steve's stout up against a couple of classics.
As usual we have plenty of craft beer conversation and pub chat on many unrelated topics, including the best way to beat your eggs for an omelette! Listen in and then get ready to head out to the brewery to drink it fresh from the taps!
- Church Street Brewing, Itasca IL - Crimson Clover, Irish Red Ale, 5.5% ABV
- Brother Chimp, North Aurora IL, Well Red Monk, Irish Red Ale, 5.3% ABV
- Buffalo Creek Brewing, Long Grove IL, Burning Red, Irish Red Ale, 4.8% ABV
- Brother Chimp, SIGFY, Dry Irish Stout, 4.2% ABV
- Heineken Ireland, Murphy's Irish Stout, 4.0% ABV
- St.James Gate, Dublin, Guiness Draught, 4.2% ABV